Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Miss South Carolina's cousin

From "I don't think I can take it..."

So, I take nine boxes into DHL to ship. The gal asks me whether I want air or truck freight delivery. Once I found out the price difference I said truck delivery. So, as I'm filling out the forms (far more information required then either the PO or UPS....rather frustrating at 5:00 PM after a long day at work) she is processing the boxes one at a time. Everything is moving along at a reasonable rate when she suddenly stops and begins typing frantically on her computer. This obviously caught my attention so I stopped to see what possibly could be the problem. Finally she looks at me with this classic look of confusion and says "I don't understand, Hawaii doesn't have a truck delivery rate, only air, I wonder why?". I mean really what do you say to that? She was being very nice and working after they had closed to help me get the Christmas packages out. I was like, well I guess because they haven't built a highway yet? Her reply? "yeah, I guess not". I was tempted to ask if she was related to Miss South Carolina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home