Sin is sin
Okay, so I’m not alone in this. The way I see it is, homosexuality is no different than any other sin. We are all sinners, and God hates each one of our sins. But he does not hate US. And we are NOT commanded to hate others (unless I’ve misread my Bible…). Who are we to say one sin is worse than another? We do have that famous “top ten” list that tells us what God sees as most abhorrent…but funny, I don’t remember “fags” being anywhere on there. Hmm, guess I should look it up again…nope, nowhere on there. So where do our fellow Christians get off proclaiming the homosexuals the scourges of society? It isn’t based on anything in my Bible! I didn’t grow up a Christian, but I knew even from a young age that Christians were supposed to “hate the sin, love the sinner”. Where is the love?? Let’s put this all in context. Sin is sin, do we not agree? And looking back at that top ten list, adultery is sinful. Gee, so is freaking LYING! Have you not lied?? Perhaps we should organize a public demonstration against you then…you SINNER! And yet, nobody would. If someone who worked with you were to reveal himself as a liar, or you were to find out that he were having premarital sex with someone of the opposite gender, would you castigate him? Nope. You might admonish him, but you would NOT sever your relationship, much less profess HATRED for him. Does this make us weak Christians, that we would not proclaim this sinner for what he is? I don’t think so. I think that maintaining that friendship and showing love is the best reflection of God that we can show. As we ourselves sin, God does not cut us off…he admonishes, he corrects, and he continues to love. Sin is sin, no matter who commits it. The difference is that we are shown forgiveness by God based on our confession. The non-believer doesn’t have this security, the only love he can hope to be shown is from his fellow human being. Us. Our safety is in knowing that we are loved regardless. And it is our duty to share that love with others. Regardless. Hate the sin, love the sinner. “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.” Matt 7:1 (NIV)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home