Wednesday, July 27, 2005

She's not all THAT bad...

A lot of funny blogs have been posted at Deanna’s expense. I felt it was time to come in and point out her good qualities. Yes, she is a mass of eccentricities and stuff we “normal” people don’t understand…but I think we’re all a product of our past and our environment. That being said, here are the good things about having Deanna as a roommate:

1. She takes care of gardening issues that no one else would. She’ll fertilize, fix the sprinkler system…
2. She takes care of maintenance around the house, like fixing the screen doors (by herself!), fixing the washing machine, fixing…whatever needs to be done that she can do.
3. She’ll do a lot of the “dirty” stuff that girls don’t like to deal with (except now we have Rosenwilkin, too). She’s disposed of rats, mice, lizards…all those little things our little ANGEL kitties like to drag in. She's even cleaned the litter box before...and none of the kitties are hers!
4. She prides herself on knowing a little about a lot so that she seems very knowledgeable…but a lot of her “little” has come in handy on occasion.
5. I admire that she is her own person, and doesn’t really care what anyone thinks of her. She just does her thing…
6. She is very creative and artistic. She collects a lot of junk (to us) that she doesn’t do anything with (except let it clutter up her room and garage), BUT, she also does a lot of creative stuff with a lot of other junk she buys…from Amvets…
7. She’ll do favors for people…like picking up 2 copies of Harry Potter for me and BookFairyN…she’s scoured Amvets for me when I’ve been on the lookout for certain things (like teacups). I just need to let her know what I’m looking for.
8. She’s helped me with my art homework, and given her opinion (when asked) about some of the pieces I’ve created. (she IS an art major from Berkeley…)
9. She provides excellent fodder for blogs…as you’ve no doubt read…

That’s all I can think of for now. With every cloud there’s a silver lining, and despite all our complaining, Deanna is actually really great to have as a roommate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She's actually super generous, too. She loaned me her car for an entire week once when mine was in the shop. That was something I'm not sure I would've done. Very cool, indeed.

Having said that, I'll be back later with a word or two about the garage....

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home