Monday, July 11, 2005

Tom Cruise Blows

Tom Cruise has really been all over the place recently. Mugging on various red carpets, with his faux jailbait fiance in tow. Crying the wonder of Scientology from every rooftop or soapbox available (and his midget ass needs something to stand on). I think this annoys me more than almost anything else. Then he goes on the record about the evils of Ritalin and anti-depressants. Maybe he should pay a visit to some depressed and /or hyperactive teens and see if he feels the same afterward. While it's great that Mr Cruise has found something he believes in enough to stick his neck out for it, it's a shame it's for something that calls psychiatry a "destructive pseudo-science, (I would argue that Scientology is a destructive pseudo-religion)" and demeans medications that when used as they are intended, can be quite beneficial. He even tells Today's Matt Lauer "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do." Really (but I think this Scientology business is a red herring, to draw us all away from the real issue). I would hazard a guess that Mr Cruise knows what he's told about it, and what he's told would be, as the saying goes , seen "through a glass darkly." So I think Tom needs to shut his pie hole and make movies. I don't care what an actor thinks about doctors, medications, or anything else. I want them to make movies that don't suck, and do whatever the hell they want with their private time. I'm not calling Tom and telling him he's an idiot for putting himself out there for his beliefs, so he can smooch my big ol' white butt. If I want to take Paxil, Ritalin, and see a shrink, I'm going to damn well do it. And while I'm talking about Mr Cruise, let me just go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking. Katie Holmes is a front. Tom is gay as a f----ing maypole. I have proof. Just take a look at Top Gun. On the surface, a macho adventure movie, but what it's really about is one man's struggle to repress his homosexuality. Think about it. One example would be the volleyball scene, which is loving photgraphed against a sunset in all its sweaty glory. Then you have the plane they're flying--the "tomcat." Honestly. The "navigator" sits behind the pilot. One begins to wonder how many times the erstwhile Mr Cruise has been navigated. Then the dialogue. "I've got a bogey on my tail." Really, Tom. Then "Maverick (a gay porn name if I ever heard one)" says something about taking the shot. I bet. Or you could consider the thinly veiled sexual tension between Maverick and Iceman. They banter like David and Maddie on Moonlighting, always arguing about who is on whose tail. Whatever, Tom. Just admit it, brother. You like disco, all your kids are adopted, and you keep making movies that fail in their attempt to proclaim your alleged straightness. So in short, keep your mouth shut, admit you like boys, and NEVER make another Mission Impossible movie (when the real impossible mission is trying to represent yourself as straight any longer--you know you have a Vin Diesel poster in your bedroom).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

dork. Katie and I are OVER...

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home