Evilness and Nefariousness...the introduction
In my previous blog, I mentioned something about some of the deeds a smart ass blonde chick and I engaged in while attending Liberty University, as well as shortly after leaving the illustrious university (using both terms loosely, since I believe they almost lost their accreditation a few times, and only by some well placed “bribes”, I mean, personnel, were they able to stay accredited. I believe it was the president of the accreditation board being placed on the board of directors for the school.). I have since mended my ways, more so due to karma than actually wanting to stop. I think a good portion of the “ill luck” in my life has quite a bit to do with payback from the…”misfortunes” I bestowed on others…
Hopefully, the smart-ass blonde chick (a.k.a Valkyrie) would be willing to add her two-bits.
Which prank should I start with? I think it’d be best to start with Liberty, and work our way back. Valkyrie has actually been more prolific with the “prank” playing, and has done quite a few without me. Those are for her to share and glory in. The one that comes to my mind most prominently is the one that dealt with…I shall call her “Winter”.
Winter was a girl I met my senior year of high school, when my mother first brought me to the forsaken commonwealth of Virginia. Now, maybe not ALL of Virginia can be termed “forsaken”, but the area I was forced to reside in definitely is. Ironically, it was the heart of the Bible belt, with Jerry Falwell at its helm. At any rate, this is where I met Winter. We continued our friendship into college, where I started diversifying my friendship portfolio. This is the time I met Valkyrie. Now, Valkyrie was good enough to spend time with me and my friends from high school (including Winter), and she was the first to point out how shallow the girls were. Having been raised in the south, their mentality was that they were worthless unless they had a man. Their sole goal in life was to get married, and start popping out the babies. Neither Valkyrie nor I had the same notions. We were there for higher learning (if that was possible at Liberty), and for fun! After all, isn’t that what college is all about? Needless to say, we didn’t enjoy those who were there for their “MRS” degree, and they didn’t enjoy us.
Where does that bring us? Ah, yes. Back to Winter. Well, as the first semester progressed, Valkyrie and I became better friends. We were even befriended by a certain ‘gentleman’ by the name of Jared. The three of us had good times hanging out, and doing all those things college students are supposed to do – with no pressure to settle down and procreate. Winter began changing, to spend more time with us. She developed a healthy crush on Jared, and began mimicking Valkyrie and I in actions, speech, walk, dress…it was eerie. She literally tried to “become” us. What was that movie? Single White Female? Yes, that was Winter. (I do have to add that now Winter is seemingly well adjusted, doing her thing working as a missionary and working with missionaries.)
One day, one of the three of the “inner core” (Jared, Valkyrie, and me), got the bright idea to play an elaborate hoax on Winter. Valkyrie and Jared were thoroughly irritated at her by this time, while I was still struggling with the bonds of loyalty. The idea? Well, one of the rules in the Liberty handbook is no spending the night off-campus unless it’s with relatives. Another one, no spending the night with members of the opposite sex (or, really, doing anything with the opposite sex). Liberty is a Southern Baptist college, these rules, along with others, are well-known on campus. Valkyrie and Jared had managed to find a way around that rule. The reasoning was to experience the freedom away from campus for a while. I still lived with my mother at that time, so I wasn’t under the same restrictions, as far as curfews and such.
Jared was working for a lady who often went out of town and while gone, she would have Jared house-sit. It was during these times that Valkyrie would sign out and spend the night at the house with Jared. Of course, this caused a lot of speculation between Winter and the Shallows – speculation that spilled over to me when they questioned me what V &J's activities together were. I never cared what they did at the house; I had fun the times all of us hung out together.
Using this speculation, Valkyrie came up with a scenario that Jared and I would play along with. Valkyrie picked a moment to “confess” to Winter that she and Jared and slipped up and did the horizontal tango. Valkyrie was too ashamed to tell me, so Winter decided to take this ‘horrific’ task upon herself. She came to me, sad and subdued, and told me of the confession. Acting appropriately shocked, hurt, and betrayed, I took the news as she expected. I asked for time alone, and left. Later, Winter called Jared and accused him of seducing Valkyrie, and how could he be so insensitive to me? Jared protested, and said it was Valkyrie who had come on to him. Winter would then call Valkyrie with this accusation, and Valkyrie would combat it. This went on all afternoon, until Jared and Valkyrie came to my house. While there, Winter called to check on me and see if I was ok. Faking my laughter as tears, while Jared and Valkyrie listened on the other phone, I reiterated my hurt feelings, asked who she thought was at fault. She stated firmly she felt it was Jared’s fault (so Valkyrie won her bet).
It wasn’t the best thought out plan, as afterwards we realized we couldn’t be seen with each other on campus. We thought about waiting a couple more weeks and having Valkyrie confess to being pregnant, but we decided we couldn’t wait that long to hang out. The next day, Valkyrie and I hung out, haphazardly explaining to Winter we had hashed things out. Winter was disappointed…I think she relished her role as comforter and friend, and the ability to show how evil Valkyrie was.
As for Jared…what ever did happen with him, Valkyrie?
Hopefully, the smart-ass blonde chick (a.k.a Valkyrie) would be willing to add her two-bits.
Which prank should I start with? I think it’d be best to start with Liberty, and work our way back. Valkyrie has actually been more prolific with the “prank” playing, and has done quite a few without me. Those are for her to share and glory in. The one that comes to my mind most prominently is the one that dealt with…I shall call her “Winter”.
Winter was a girl I met my senior year of high school, when my mother first brought me to the forsaken commonwealth of Virginia. Now, maybe not ALL of Virginia can be termed “forsaken”, but the area I was forced to reside in definitely is. Ironically, it was the heart of the Bible belt, with Jerry Falwell at its helm. At any rate, this is where I met Winter. We continued our friendship into college, where I started diversifying my friendship portfolio. This is the time I met Valkyrie. Now, Valkyrie was good enough to spend time with me and my friends from high school (including Winter), and she was the first to point out how shallow the girls were. Having been raised in the south, their mentality was that they were worthless unless they had a man. Their sole goal in life was to get married, and start popping out the babies. Neither Valkyrie nor I had the same notions. We were there for higher learning (if that was possible at Liberty), and for fun! After all, isn’t that what college is all about? Needless to say, we didn’t enjoy those who were there for their “MRS” degree, and they didn’t enjoy us.
Where does that bring us? Ah, yes. Back to Winter. Well, as the first semester progressed, Valkyrie and I became better friends. We were even befriended by a certain ‘gentleman’ by the name of Jared. The three of us had good times hanging out, and doing all those things college students are supposed to do – with no pressure to settle down and procreate. Winter began changing, to spend more time with us. She developed a healthy crush on Jared, and began mimicking Valkyrie and I in actions, speech, walk, dress…it was eerie. She literally tried to “become” us. What was that movie? Single White Female? Yes, that was Winter. (I do have to add that now Winter is seemingly well adjusted, doing her thing working as a missionary and working with missionaries.)
One day, one of the three of the “inner core” (Jared, Valkyrie, and me), got the bright idea to play an elaborate hoax on Winter. Valkyrie and Jared were thoroughly irritated at her by this time, while I was still struggling with the bonds of loyalty. The idea? Well, one of the rules in the Liberty handbook is no spending the night off-campus unless it’s with relatives. Another one, no spending the night with members of the opposite sex (or, really, doing anything with the opposite sex). Liberty is a Southern Baptist college, these rules, along with others, are well-known on campus. Valkyrie and Jared had managed to find a way around that rule. The reasoning was to experience the freedom away from campus for a while. I still lived with my mother at that time, so I wasn’t under the same restrictions, as far as curfews and such.
Jared was working for a lady who often went out of town and while gone, she would have Jared house-sit. It was during these times that Valkyrie would sign out and spend the night at the house with Jared. Of course, this caused a lot of speculation between Winter and the Shallows – speculation that spilled over to me when they questioned me what V &J's activities together were. I never cared what they did at the house; I had fun the times all of us hung out together.
Using this speculation, Valkyrie came up with a scenario that Jared and I would play along with. Valkyrie picked a moment to “confess” to Winter that she and Jared and slipped up and did the horizontal tango. Valkyrie was too ashamed to tell me, so Winter decided to take this ‘horrific’ task upon herself. She came to me, sad and subdued, and told me of the confession. Acting appropriately shocked, hurt, and betrayed, I took the news as she expected. I asked for time alone, and left. Later, Winter called Jared and accused him of seducing Valkyrie, and how could he be so insensitive to me? Jared protested, and said it was Valkyrie who had come on to him. Winter would then call Valkyrie with this accusation, and Valkyrie would combat it. This went on all afternoon, until Jared and Valkyrie came to my house. While there, Winter called to check on me and see if I was ok. Faking my laughter as tears, while Jared and Valkyrie listened on the other phone, I reiterated my hurt feelings, asked who she thought was at fault. She stated firmly she felt it was Jared’s fault (so Valkyrie won her bet).
It wasn’t the best thought out plan, as afterwards we realized we couldn’t be seen with each other on campus. We thought about waiting a couple more weeks and having Valkyrie confess to being pregnant, but we decided we couldn’t wait that long to hang out. The next day, Valkyrie and I hung out, haphazardly explaining to Winter we had hashed things out. Winter was disappointed…I think she relished her role as comforter and friend, and the ability to show how evil Valkyrie was.
As for Jared…what ever did happen with him, Valkyrie?

1 Comments:
that is pretty nefarious! Man, if you two used your talents for good instead of evil...
Post a Comment
<< Home