Monday, December 05, 2005

Legacy of a Loser

Some people are born winners. If you’re not part of that lucky group, then you’re pretty much a loser. There have been people I know who win everything. One girl could call into a radio station at almost anytime and win tickets to this, prizes for that. Another one wins just about any game she plays. That’s never me. I am a loser. Sadly enough, hope has yet to die. If there’s a raffle? I buy tickets. Drawing? I put my name in. Years and years of trying. Years and years of losing. And still, I try. The latest in this saga? The local news station has been giving away tickets to the 6th caller for Narnia tomorrow night. Not like I could see it due to class, but it’d be nice to win. And, there are others I could pass the lucky tickets on to. Last week I failed in getting through. Today, I had my phone out, I punched in the number…and the phone began ringing. Could this be it? Could the tide finally be changing? The phone clicks….a voice on the other end….

“You are the fifth caller.”

Of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home