Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Something's not quite right...

I'm going to put myself out there and ask a question for "general forum". Lately, as I've driven to work, I've noticed things that just aren't quite right. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced what I have. Case in point:

Yesterday, as I stopped at a stoplight, there was a cop in the left hand turn lane (the main reason I stopped instead of pushing the orange light). I glance over, which is a habit of mine, to see if he's cute, old, or a she. Well, he was cute and young, which is rare. I hardly ever see any of those driving around SD. I face forward again, when it hit me that his posture was kind of strange. I take a closer look...and, yes. America's Finest was on the phone. Now, I may be mistaken, but I believe there's a law against talking on cell phones while driving. So, he could have pulled me over for doing the exact same thing he was currently doing. I wanted to make a citizen's arrest...or, do they have something called "citizen's tickets"? That would've been sweet...

Second point was while driving to work today. I've seen an inordinate amount of those new "old" Mustangs on the road, to the point of wondering what was so special about them anymore. Normally, those behind the wheel of one of these babies is a mid-life crises-ed man. This morning, I saw one with American flags stickered on it's windows, with American flags on the license plate holder...and a license plate that read "American Muscle" (of course, cleverly written). I naturally expect to see some sort of middle-aged, white trash man. When I pull up next to this patriotic vehicle, I'm confronted with an odd sight. Instead of the middle-aged man, I see a young, male Asian. He reminded me a bit of my cousin Marcus. It was so disturbing, so unusual. It was all I could do to keep from rolling down my window and asking what happened to his rice rocket.

Ok, so I'm going to open up the floor. Please tell me I'm not the only one witnessing things like this...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but the last time I was at the mall working I saw this hugely pregnant woman waddling toward the food court in full ghetto splendor--heavily gelled hair cresting above her forehead like a tsunami, thick eye shadow swept back nearly to her ears (and a pony tail so tightly swept back her ears nearly met behind her head), long curly fingernails, and....a midriff baring tank top. And a moderately short miniskirt. Terrifying. This third trimester hood rat was really doing the whole "runway" thing, too. Which was scarier than anything. Look, I appreciate that pregant women "glow," or whatever. But listen, my friend. You need to hide that particular light under a bushel. Honestly. I'll make you a deal. You don't show me yours, and I won't show you mine.

It's just wrong somehow.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home